Hosted by Future Earth and Ericsson
With special introductory presentation by Johan Rockström, PIK
And welcome greeting by Manuel Pulgar-Vidal – head of WWFs Climate & Energy Program
You are invited to join us LIVE ONLINE for a presentation and discussion of the Exponential Climate Action Roadmap, which was launched at the Global Climate Action Summit in September 2018 by Johan Rockström and Christiana Figueres. The roadmap shows how the global greenhouse gas emissions can be halved by 2030 in line with IPCC 1,5 degree report and Carbon Law. The roadmap has resulted in more than 250 articles worldwide and over 300 companies have committed to following a Carbon Law trajectory of halving emissions every decade.
The webinar is featuring:
Johan Rockström (PIK), Johan Falk (Internet of Planet, Future Earth, SRC), Owen Gaffney (PIK/ Stockholm Resilience Center), Pernilla Bergmark (Ericsson), Oras Tynkkynen (Sitra), Stefan Henningsson (WWF), Tomer Shalit (MapLauncher), Wendy Broadgate (Future Earth), Mattias Höjer (KTH), Erik Pihl (Future Earth) with more names to follow.
Moderator: Catarina Rolfsdotter-Jansson
- What are the key takeaways from the IPCC 1.5 report and COP24?
- What are the key take-aways from the Exponential Climate Action Roadmap?
- What solutions exist to halve Carbon Emissions by 2030 and how?
- Can Climate Leadership, policy and digital technology radically accelerate solutions?
- What’s next on ExponentialRoadmap.org and how can we jointly accelerate exponential climate action?
A program of the live webinar is available here.
Broadcasted from: Ericsson Headquarter, Kista, Stockholm Sweden
Time: January 11, 1 - 3 p.m. CET
Johan Falk and Owen Gaffney: Lead authors of the Exponential Climate Action Roadmap (exponential roadmap, Future Earth, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research).
The report can be downloaded here: exponentialroadmap.org.