Future Earth's Global Hub in Sweden is seeking a coordinator and office manager to organise conferences and events and undertake other tasks in administration and finance. The position will be based at the Royal Swedish Academy of Science in Sweden, close to the University train station. The deadline for all applications is 1 October 2017.
You will work with administration, finance and office management tasks and liaise with internal and external partners to organise events/conferences and support projects in a stimulating international environment. You are a self-starter who is comfortable working with people at different levels and using your initiative and problem solving skills.
As coordinator/office manager, it is key that you like to do duties that vary widely from large to small and feel a genuine sense of service, from providing support for international conferences and helping coordinate our European network to keeping track of all of our office spaces (conference rooms, reception, kitchen, etc.) and liaising with suppliers.
Responsibilities may include
- Supporting international conferences, events and smaller meetings with project management, material preparation and logistics support
- Providing administrative and coordination support for our European network
- Coordinating schedules and activities of the Swedish hub, managing travel bookings and general office management tasks
- Liaising with suppliers including graphic designers and printers
- Checking travel expenses, establishing and implementing procedures and policies of the organisation
- Providing support for incoming and outgoing invoices, reconciliations, preparing reports and financial data, payroll and time reporting; liaising with accounting and payroll agency; working on monthly and annual closing of the accounts, as well as supporting various financial tasks in cooperation with the Finance Director. Visma/Azets ERP is used.
Experience / Background
- Several years of experience in administrative work, preferably in an academic or NGO/foundation environment
- The position requires excellent computer skills including, advanced skills in the office package, also very good command of English and Swedish
- An advantage if you have previous work experience from project management
- We prefer that your "working style" is "hands on"/practical in organising events and that you have a basic knowledge of finance and are comfortable with numbers
- Flexible and good social and communication skills
- Well structured, goal-oriented, delivery and integrity to meet varying contacts in the scientific world
This is a new position as the organisation has developed rapidly. The position is permanent, with a start date as soon as possible at the Future Earth Global Secretariat office based at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm.
We look forward to receiving your application, which should include a cover letter in English and a CV (Swedish or English), no later than 1 October. Interviews and selection are ongoing. Mark your application with "Coordinator" and send via e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please call 0708-575 888 and speak with Zlatko Kotevski at Tresurs Business Development, which is helping us with the recruitment.