IPBES, the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, seeks the nomination of experts for the following deliverables: 1) the Global Assessment on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (Deliverable 2c); and 2) the workshop to further scope the thematic assessment of the Sustainable Use of Biodiversity (Deliverable 3biii).
In addition, IPBES seeks nominations for fellows to the IPBES Fellowship Pilot Programme to participate in the Global Assessment on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services. IPBES seeks experts from various natural and social science disciplines and from indigenous and local knowledge systems, as well as policy and technical experts and practitioners to participate in the two deliverables.
There is one major criteria for nomination: all nominees need to be available to attend the meeting to which they are applying to be experts. Those meetings are:
- The First Author Meeting for the Global Assessment on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services will be held August 15 to 19, 2016 in Bonn, Germany (Experts and Fellows);
- The scoping meeting for the thematic assessment of Sustainable Use of Biodiversity will be held August 2 to 4, 2016 in Bonn, Germany (Scoping Experts).
Experts can be nominated either through their national government or an observer organisation such as Future Earth.
Anne-Hélène Prieur-Richard, Montreal Global Hub Director for Future Earth, will be compiling Future Earth nominations. If you are interested in being nominated, or if you know someone who would be very good to have involved, please inform us and use the following information to fill out the IPBES online template mentioned in section B, "Details of Government/Organisation supporting your nomination":
- Type of nominating body: Click on Organisation
- Position of contact person: IPBES contact point
- Full Name (nominator)-First Name: Anne-Hélène
- Full Name (nominator)-Last Name: Prieur-Richard
- E-mail (nominator): email@example.com
- Phone Number (nominator): +1 514 848 2278
You can be nominated both by Future Earth and your country. We would encourage you to do so. You will need to fill out the IPBES online template twice (once per nominating organisation and country) and contact the delegate of your country.
The deadline for nominations is the 5th May 2016. Please make sure to fill out the template in advance of the deadline to give us the time to endorse your nomination.
If you have any questions or know someone who should be nominated, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about the Young Fellowship Programme here.
Also, find more information on the expert nomination process here.