The guest editors of a special issue of the journal Environmental Research Letters will accept submissions for articles that "investigate the link between global change processes and local realities" in land use and food production. Editors of this issue, which is titled "Focus on Cross-scale Feebacks in Sustainable Land Management," include researchers from the Global Land Project, a research project of Future Earth.
The focus issue will accept submissions that delve into the following topics:
- Integration of local and global drivers in studies on land management and food production
- Interactions between economic and biophysical processes in sustainable land management on different scales
- Assessments of transferability of findings from place-based research in sustainable land management
- Development of scenarios and their application in regional settings to address future perspectives of food production and induced land consumption
- Up-scaling of regional solutions on land management and identification of off-site effects
Interested researchers can send in a pre-submission query to the journal or the guest editors. All submissions are due by November 30. Environmental Research Letters will also publish articles intermittently before then, so early submissions are welcome.
To learn more about this focus issue or to contact the editors, see the announcement.