International Symposium on Global Sustainability Challenges: Kyoto Initiative in “Future Earth”
Join the discussion to explore the future directions and approaches for the Future Earth research in Asia.
The symposium will highlight the resources around the Future Earth initiative achieved through research activities in Kyoto University. Participants including a Future Earth Science Committee member, representatives from the global and regional Secretariat will discuss future directions and approaches for the Future Earth research in Asia.
Date and time: 21 December, 2016 10:00 - 17:00
Venue: Clock Tower Centennial Hall, Kyoto University
- Fumiko Kasuga - Senior Fellow, National Institute for Environmental Studies/Future Earth Secretariat, Global Hub Director - Japan
- Sander van der Leeuw (Keynote) - Professor, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University
- Carl B. Becker (Keynote) - Professor, Kokoro Research Center, Kyoto University
- Shigeo Yachi - Associate Professor, Center for Ecological Research, Kyoto University
- Zeeda Fatimah Mohamad - Senior Lecturer, Department of Science & Technology Studies, University of Malaya
- Masaaki Okamoto - Professor, Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University
Host: The Future Earth Research Unit, Kyoto University
Co-host: Future Earth Asia Center/Research Institute for Humanity and Nature
Supported by: Future Earth, JaLTER (Japan Long-Term Ecological Research Network)
Languages: English/Japanese simultaneous translation