Call for papers: 2018 International Geographical Union Regional Conference
Send in papers by 15 March to participate in the session: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability at the 2018 IGU Regional Conference.
As part of the 2018 International Geographical Union (IGU) Regional Conference which will be held in Québec, Canada on 6-10 August 2018, the IGU commission on Geography for Future Earth: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability (IGU-GFE) will organize the session “Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability”.
The session organizers are inviting papers for presentation in our session which covers the following areas of interest (but are not limited to):
- Fundamentals of Geography for Future Earth, and especially new theories and hypothesis on coupled human-earth systems for sustainability;
- Open and inclusive platforms for Geospatial Big Data and observations of coupled human-earth systems;
- Integrated Earth system models to deepen our understanding of complex Earth systems and human dynamics across different scales;
- Linkages and dynamic analysis among ecological process, services, and human wellbeing;
- Human Contributions and Responses to global climate/environmental changes and sustainability;
- Evaluation tools for sustainable development, multi-scale sustainability evaluation, and sustainable scenarios for transformative development pathways.
All abstracts are due by 15 March 2018 at 11:59 pm EST. Further details of the submission procedures are available on the conference website.
The orgnizers also encourage proposals that extend beyond these main thematic areas as a new session under IGU-GFE.
(Distinguished Professor at Research Centre for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Dean and Distinguished Professor at Faculty of Geographical Science, Beijing Normal University, China)
Chair of IGU Commission on Geography for Future Earth: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability
Mark Stafford Smith
(Chief Coordinating Scientist in Institute of Land and Water, CSIRO, Australia; Chair of Science Committee, Future Earth)
Vice Chair of IGU Commission on Geography for Future Earth: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability
Session Contact person
(Professor and Dean at Institute of Land Surface System and Sustainable Development, Faculty of Geographical Science, Beijing Normal University, China)
Secretary of IGU Commission on Geography for Future Earth: Coupled Human-Earth Systems for Sustainability